Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Misguided Youth

Collage With Clock, 17" X 31", 1984 (or so), inquire here for print.

After Collage With Clock, 15" X 17", 1984, inquire here for print.

Meanwhile, down in the vault, in the back, behind all the cobwebs and junk of life, there were these relics.  Seems like the whole equalled the sum of it's parts back then too.  Same circus, different clowns.  Hey I'm just sayin.

"You are old," said the youth, "and your jaws are too weak
For anything tougher than suet;
Yet you finished the goose, with the bones and the beak
Pray, how did you manage to do it?"

"In my youth," said his fater, "I took to the law,
And argued each case with my wife;
And the muscular strength, which it gave to my jaw,
Has lasted the rest of my life."


Lewis Carrol, Father William

A really neat approach to drawing is to make a collage and then draw from it.  This is made out of bits and pieces nes and old drawings and other flotsum and jetsum--what an adventure.  I always thought of the drawing as the final piece while the actual collage got kicked around the studio for twenty five years or so.  I finally framed it and gave it some dignity in it's own right.
 
Wm

1 comment:

Blacktop said...

Erich had one of those that he was trying to frame the other day. It's a print of a naked woman or something made out of smaller pictures of naked women. Both he and Sara think it's really deep. I dunno. Guess I'm not right-brained enough to get why that's cool.